Friday, February 25, 2011

What a month...

It's been a crazy month since my Seattle trip.

Quick update on what's been happening:

Jack and I broke up. It wasn't working out in a romantic sense and things were really starting to get awkward. Both of us talked it over and the break up was mutual. Also, keep in mind that I had been thinking stuff like this for a long time so it wasn't as spontaneous as most people think. I know I did the right thing, though, because I'm feeling pretty darn good nowadays.

Also, been talking to Tim a TON. Haha. We're getting to be pretty great friends. I get to go see him in March! His chapter of the AMS hosts a conference in the northeast every year, and this year it's in Taunton, MA. I am presenting my poster and I will get to spend a whole lovely weekend with him! :D It's going to be great!

Although, I feel really really bad for Tim right now. :( He's had a pretty rough week. First off he's dealing with thesis, which I know how much of a pain that can be. And to add to all of the stress of thesis, his grandpa is really sick and probably isn't going to last much longer. I feel really terrible because I can't be there to comfort him in person. There's only so much a person can do over the internet to comfort someone. :S So I guess I can only pray that things get better for him and be there for him when he needs someone to talk to.

But other than that, not a lot is going on in the immediate future. I'm working on getting my thesis ready for publishing, which is exciting! Although it's supposedly a very arduous process so it will be a while before anything definitive happens. Also, job openings galore! I sent in my first application to Portland, ME, which is really exciting. Also, a job just opened up in Hartford, CT! If I could land that job, I think I'd be in heaven! Tim lives just 20 minutes south of Hartford! So I'm working on making a kick-ass tape to submit to Hartford. I really hope some day Tim and I can live close enough together to see each other all the time.

But anywho. That's about all I've got for now. Watch for more posts later!

Sending lots of love and prayers Tim's way.

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment